Tuesday 20 January 2015

INTERVOEW EXPERIENCE II

Interview experience: 19 Jan - Syndicate bank learning centre, bangalore.
Panel I- 8.30am

Document verification done by 9.30am
, interview at 10am

1 Lady, 5 Gentlemen

Greetings to all of them in opening, was asked to take seat

M1: So Mayur, tell me about yourself and family in short within 2 minutes

me: Explained

M1: You are a BE and worked in IT. Why did you opt for banking as career?

me: While working I realized that my motivation was to serve in government sector and banking because I think banks are the building blocks of our economy. We help people stand on their feet, we help the business grow and also we help social causes.

M2: So you are from Belgaum, tell me something about your city

me: Belgaum is famous for kunda, it is also called sugar bowl of karnataka due to favorable conditions for sugarcane growth, also the suvarna soudha assembly is established recently, so that makes it the second capital of karnataka

M3: Tell me something about swachha bharat abhiyan

me: Explained

M3: If you are posted in some place , what role would you play as a banker?

me: Will provide loans for sanitation projects

M3: Good

M4: You have done engineering in communications, tell me what is GPS

me: Explained.

M4:Good

M4: What is GPRS

me: Explained

M4: Good

M4: Recently, there is decrease in global fuel prices, what is the reason?

me: Sir, this is in competition to USA and the aim for reduction is to make the production of Shale gas economically unviable.

M4:
Good. This is the main reasons, apart from that there are some other 
reasons too. It is also about demand and supply, can you think?

me:
Sir, they have increased the supply and i think thats profitable to 
them as emerging economies are ever demanding in fossil fuels

M4:Actually the demand has decreased, due to other forms of energy in USA. So they want to supply more to encourage them to buy more by reduced prices.

me: Kept saying ok as he explained.

M5: What is banking?

me:Business of lending money and accepting deposits from the public. Primary motive is profit, but apart from that, social initiatives is also a major role

M5: what is profits?

me: Interests earned by the bank on loans , and also through government securities, treasury bills

M3: You have mentioned only about interests earned on money, but apart from that, is there any other activity which banks do?

me:
Insurance is one sector where banks are pioneering, RBI has also been 
liberal to banks recently to increase insurance penetration.

M5: Good

Lady: What are the different types of deposits in bank?

me:Current account, savings account, FD, RD. Current Ac are for 
businessmen and entrepreneurs. Savings are general public. Banks don't pay interest in Current account. In savings accounts, operating cost is not so high, so banks pay interest to depositors. FD are where we park money for a certain period and interest in given on maturity

M2: Do you know to read, write and speak kannada?

me:I can read and speak fluently, but not so fluent in writing. I can 
write a few letters. Even though my mother tongue is kannada, I have done my entire education in maharashtra so I am not so fluent at it.

M4: In form you have not mentioned hindi, are you not comfortable? If you are posted to northern states, how will you manage?

me: Sir ,In the form there was option for only 3 languages so i filled up english, marathi and kannada. But I am fluent in hindi, so I am comfortable anywhere

M1: You resigned 2 years back, so what were you doing till now?

me: I was preparing for various competitive exams.

M1: Like?

me: All bank exams, SSC, UPSC

M1: Is this your first interview or attended any other?

me: Attended SBI clerical.

M1: Results?

me: Not yet declared

M1: what was you score there?

me: Sir they didnt disclose

M1: What about scores in IBPS PO

me: Sir, that too is not disclosed

M4: Cut off is 80 right?

me: Yes sir.

They look at each other and say thats all, thank you

They offer me a mango bite and said dont be nervous, be comfortable. I accepted and said thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment